Considering the state priorities as for the international cooperation Mariupol City Council pays great attention to forming and activating the partner relations.
Currently the activities on considering the prospects of partner cooperation with German, Austrian and Azerbaijan cities are in progress.
In June 2015 within the framework of strengthening the partner relations the representatives of Mariupol City Council participated in the training program of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Poland focused on peculiarities of reforming the local administration in Poland, which took place in the partner city of Gdansk.
Despite the current circumstances the City Council performed the vigorous international activity and as the result the city was attended by numerous foreign official delegations:
- April 26, 2015 – delegation from Portuguese Republic leading by Mr. Bruno MAÇÃES, State Secretary for European Affairs of MIA of Portugal, and Ms. Serpa de Almeida, the Ambassador of Portuguese Republic in Ukraine;
- May 19, 2015 – delegation from the European Union through Mr. Jan Tombinski, Head of the EU Delegation to Ukraine, Mr. Frederic de Touchet, the First Counselor of French Embassy to Ukraine, Mr. Detlev Wolter, Consul General of German Embassy to Ukraine, and Mr. Slawomir Matuszak, Second Secretary of Polish Embassy to Ukraine.
- June 03, 2015 – delegation of France-Ukraine Group of Friendship from the Senate of French Republic;
- July 02, 2015 – delegation from Austria leading by Ms. Hermine Poppeller, Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Ambassador of Austria to Ukraine.
- July 10, 2015 – delegation from Poland leading by Adam Eberhardt, Deputy Director of Centre for Eastern Studies, Ministry Council of Poland.